The Custom CMDB Data Upload feature allows you to track assets that otherwise would not be found by a scanner or asset management tool. This allows you to leverage already present asset criticality values from your existing CMDB, thereby providing a more complete view of your digital environment.
Before You Begin:
To complete this QuickStart, you'll need to have:
- Unified VRM Manage and Edit privileges
- A completed cmdb_asset_import.csv file
1. Download and fill out the cmdb_asset_import.csv, providing the ip address, netbios name, hostname, os, mac address, source, uuid, owner, and criticality value of the asset you'd like to ingest
2. In Unified VRM, navigate to the "INTEGRATE" module
3. Click "Browse Computer" and upload the completed .csv file